It’s late and I know a lot of people won’t read this, but that might be better anyway. I was going to make this cute and lighthearted but it seemed a little inappropriate the more I sat on it. Here’s the gist – I’ve gain a bunch of weight. Like 5 lbs in the past 3 weeks. All of my hard work earlier this year has basically been wasted. I tried really hard not to care, but I do care. I’m really disappointed in myself and frustrated too.
I’m having such trouble getting into a routine, making the care of myself and my body a priority, and taking control of my eating. My clothes are starting not to fit and I know I won’t be able to wear any of the cure summer stuff I bought in San Diego at this rate. I’m officially signed up for the marathon. Paid in full, no turning back now. I thought I’d be excited but I don’t really know how I’m going to be able to get my act together to make this happen.
I’ve tried a lot of things to get back on track and nothing has “stuck” and helped me stay on track.
- Calorie Counting – It’s a necessary evil when you carry the “fat gene”, but it was too much for me to measure and type in my ingredients for everything I made and ate every meal everyday.
- Scheduling Workouts – My work schedule is different every day so I never know if I’ll get off in time to make it to the gym or not. Plus it’s finally nice out and the last thing I want to be doing is sweating my butt of running in my neighborhood or stuck inside the gym. It’s just not as convenient to workout as it was when knew I’d work 9-5 everyday.
- Setting New Goals – 10 in 10? Forget about it. I’m already two weeks behind and now I need to lose 15. Great.
- Eating More – I thought that I pushed myself too hard with my 35 workout goal, so I decided to eat more this time. Well, it backfired. Now I’m eating big meals and snacking all day because I’m sitting in front of a computer when I work. When I’m home, there’s no meal schedule and I could snack all day long.
With that off my chest, I guess I see a few things I can try:
- Cutting Out Sugar – I eat way too many sweets. Waaay too many. It’s hard for me to not eat any at all because I go through withdrawal every time I quit cold turkey. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
- Detailing Out Meal Plans Again – This is what I did all winter to lose weight. I knew how many calories were in each dish I’d make for the week before I even bought the groceries to make them. it was time consuming, but I’m working part time now. I should have the time.
- Pre Cooking and Pre Packing Meals – It’s so easy to work 6 hours instead of 4, find 3 errands to run, and then throw a frozen pizza in the oven because it got too late and I got too tired to make dinner. Even sticking to simpler meals, there’s really no reason I can’t have a fridge full of prepackaged homemade meals.
I know these will get me back on track again, but I don’t know if I feel motivated or have the willpower to choose this lifestyle right now. What do you do wen you’re feeling unmotivated? Honestly, looking for some advice here!