A Sorta Boring Post About My Very Normal Week

This week I’ve really been working hard to tame my binging habit and workout more. I’m happy to report that I’ve taken a small step in that direction. Here’s the recap for you:

Friday: I was off work because my client (the child I tutor) was sick, I was crazy excited because it was supposed to be 60 an sunny! Well, it was 60 and cloudy. And windy. And I was lazy. I didn’t get my run in, but I did get groceries and clean up around the house. Mostly I just relaxed. And I ate a bunch of candy for dinner. Fail!

Saturday: I ran with my running group in the morning. It had gotten really cold again (big surprise!) but we decided to run 5 miles anyway. It was actually my fault we ran that far. When I walked in the door (we meet at our church) the group was debating whether they wanted to run 4 or 5. They said “There’s Megan, let’s see what she wants to do. She’s always up for more mileage.” There’s no way I could’ve said 4 miles after that! So 5 it was. I ran slow (for me) at an average of 10 min, 23 sec per mile. I didn’t feel exhausted when I was done and my asthma symptoms were non existent. So maybe I’m just pushing myself to hard? I didn’t feel energized after that run like I normally do. That was a let down. There’s gotta be a happy compromise between pushing myself and being able to breathe. I usually try for around a 9 min 15 sec pace. My next few runs will be an experiment!

Later that afternoon I watched my niece which is a workout of it’s own. We walked through Target (where she said “hi” to all of the other shoppers we passed, and picked out a new sticker book.) and bought a frozen pizza for dinner and some candy for dessert. She got Vanilla Creme Peeps and I got Junior Mints. My weakness! You don’t have to tell me, I know. We ate so bad. Well, I ate so bad. She had one slice of pizza and two Peeps. I had 3 slices and the entire box of Junior Mints. That’s so much food. Why do I do this to myself?? (Oh yeah, because it tastes good and I have no self control…)

Sunday: We celebrated my husband’s birthday and my future brother in laws’s birthday with my family. My mom warned me she wouldn’t be serving healthy foods and I assured her I wasn’t stressing about my diet anymore. I had some pot roast, lots of green beans and corn, some mashed potatoes with gravy (my mom’s gravy is the best, I can’t pass it up!), and a Grand’s biscuit. I passed on dessert but had a little piece of spice cake later. After dinner, my husband and I went to see Divergent. Of course we smuggled candy into the theater! (For the record, the people next to us in the theater did too. They even brought cans of pop!) So more candy for dinner. Great!

Monday: I decided the candy thing had gotten totally out of control. Today was the day I was done. I was off work (different client was sick!) and home all day so it was really difficult not to munch all day! I had a good breakfast – Special K with sliced strawberries, a decent lunch – turkey and Munster cheese on one slice of home made wheat bread, and made some taco stuffing for dinner (more on that later) which I put over chips as nachos. The only binging I did was on marshmallows. Not great, but a step toward breaking the chocolate habit! I didn’t get a workout in, but I did give the kitchen a good cleaning and straightened up the rest of the house.

Tuesday: I was back at work again and was exhausted by the end of the day. I knew I had a full night of at-home training for work so I did cave and pick up, you guessed it, a box of Junior Mints to get me through it. I made a good dinner (another recipe I’ll share soon) before I broke into the box. Okay, I had a handful on the way home from the store. But the majority were eaten while working.

Wednesday: I spent all morning finishing up my work from the night before and then rushed off to work. I packed my gym bag this time so if it was too cold to run outside, I could go straight to the gym after work. It ended up being almost 40 and sunny so I decided to go for a run in my neighborhood. By the time I finished changing, clouds had rolled in and the wind picked up. It was cold, but I was already dressed and ready to go so I did a quick 2.5 miles. I didn’t think I was pushing myself until I noticed my pace. my first mile was under 9 minutes! Oops! I wanted to make my short run count, but I didn’t plan on dipping that low! My legs felt good though, so I decided to stick with it as long as I could. I went 1.4 miles before I needed to stop and walk (because I could hardly breathe) I walked until 1.5 miles then ran the last mile home where I spent the next half hour trying to catch my breath on the front porch. My overall average was 9 min, 9 sec per mile. Not bad!

I had a good dinner of nachos (that sounds so bad but it’s really not, you’ll see later) and that was all I ate the rest of the night! I was really proud of myself for not snacking. My husband had some crackers, but I didn’t take any. I just drank water.

Today: So far I’ve only had breakfast, but I’m planning on a slow 3-4 mile run (at the gym because it’s 38 outside, with a feel like of 29 and 16 mph winds) and then some leftover whole wheat gnocchi for lunch. I’ve got to run a few errands and then I’m seeing Divergent (again! It’s really good!) with my sister in law, and going to a pop up market called Hunt and Gather with my mom. I’m planning on snacking at the movie theater and having a sandwich when I get home later tonight.

I know this wasn’t the most interesting post I’ve written, but it’s normal me with normal struggles, excuses, and small successes. Thanks for stopping by and sticking around! How’s your week been?


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s